Hi y’all – I know it’s been a minute but we’re back and ready to tackle 2020 head on! We have so many amazing things planned and we are so excited to share our adventures and life with y’all.
A few months late, but our Dallas blog is finally up and ready to rock. With Katie’s phone crashing – and her losing ALL of her content, a few family emergencies, and the holidays – things have been pretty hectic! But, we promised a Dallas run through and well – here it is! Hope y’all enjoy.
Here are the top places to visit while in Dallas – Enjoy!
The Grassy Knoll/ Dealey Plaza
– Dealey Plaza is often referred to as the “birthplace of Dallas”. One of our nation’s most important landmarks! The exact spot where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Learning about what happened through text books and research papers was intriguing, but to be able to walk where our President once stood was something special.
AT&T – Dallas Cowboy’s Stadium
– Even though there was a private event the day we visited and we were unable to tour the stadium, it was still so awesome to see from out the outside. Go get em Cowboys! Click here to book your tour.
Cheeky Monkeys – Plano
– Instagram has created so much for us over the last two years, but the best thing of all is allowing us to meet some really amazing people. While in Dallas, we met up with some of our blogging gals – @emmick and @meaghan and their sweet daughters. Cheeky Monkey’s was the best spot for all the little ones to run around in a fun, safe environment while us chickas were able to chat and have a little fun of our own.
Original Chop Shop
– Just a five minute drive from our hotel, this chic “just feel good food” restaurant was our first taste of food in Dallas. It’s vibrant, welcoming atmosphere made us feel right at home. The decor was airy and light, the customer service was pleasant and easy, and the food was top notch. Known for their bowls, we decided to try one chop & one protein bowl. Shayla ordered the barbecue chicken chop bowl and Katie went with the teriyaki chicken protein bowl. Gianni and Luca shared a chicken quesadilla and all four of us were so full by the time we finished. The lady who took our order raved about their fruity drinks so of course we had to give them a try as well. Y’all – if you ever visit Chop Shop – you MUST order yourself a glass.
Baldo’s Ice Cream
– We found the cutest little ice cream shop while on our way to downtown Dallas and had to stop in. Known for their flights, we each tried a three flight of their delicious ice cream! It was the perfect treat after a nice lunch. Give them a follow on Instagram
Six Flags Over Texas
– Being a season pass holder has MANY perks – like being able to visit ALL Six Flag’s around the country. So of course we had to check out the Dallas location and see what they had to offer. They also participate in Fright Fest, which was so awesome to be able to witness. Although similar to our home base in Jersey, Dallas really knows how to get their scare on. And their Halloween show was amazing! We are thinking about planning a trip next October just to see the show again! – Click here to get your season pass today!
– Our next destination for lunch was this fabulous American Bistro. “Earth more beautiful, life more beautiful” We can’t stress enough how much we LOVED the earthy vibes they had going on. The decor was perfect with all the signage and plants. The coolest part was how they had all of their drinks on tap – the root beer was AMAZING! The food was delicious too. Salads, burgers, pasta, tacos, pizza – they offer it all! The spinach dip and flatbread was so fresh we ordered a second! Bellagreen is located right next to Original Chop Shop so if you’re ever in the area and looking for amazing lunch spots – don’t pass up these amazing bistro’s!
Fort Worth Stockyards
– When in Dallas y’all – this is the place to be if you want to experience all things Texas. Although Dallas is more industrialized than most parts of Texas, The Forth Worth Stockyards has you covered. From the moment you pull in, you feel like you are in another world – and the best part is you don’t have to pay to enter! Everyone is dressed in cowboy boots and wearing hats, there are bulls lined up along the sidewalks – you can even snap a photo of yourself riding the bull! They have a general store, some delicious Texas food, and even a rodeo! We had the best time ever.
-Whenever we travel we always reach out to Bartaco! We are obsessed! Thank you Bartaco for being so amazing and working with us, we love you! This time we visited Bartaco Dallas – Preston. We love experiencing the different vibes in each city. Dallas was so chic and the workers were so laid back and easy to talk to. The manager actually sat with us for the majority of the night – the sweetest man ever! He served us way too much food but we loved every minute of it! The apps were enough to be considered a meal! We had chips & guac, plantains, chicken empanadas, and we even tried the duck tacos! The manager wouldn’t let us begin our meal without an alcoholic beverage. He brought over a few samples and oh my goodness each one was better than the next! We were served so many tacos I don’t even know where to begin. We had the mojo pork carnitas, spicy chorizo, the glazed pork belly, sesame ribeye and the Baja fish. Now we cannot forget about dessert – yes we had room for dessert!
Press Waffle Co
Drury Inn & Suites Frisco
– Located right outside of Dallas, Drury Inn & Suites is the ideal spot to stay when visiting the big city. We were blown away with the hospitality shown to us. From the moment we arrived we were treated like queens. The management here is superb! Along with an amazing/friendly staff, the rooms are very spacious and tidy, they offer an amazing continental buffet breakfast, a fitness center open 24/7 and within close proximity to many businesses, restaurants and shops! We highly recommend you stay here while visiting! You will not be disappointed. Click here to book your stay.
In & Out Burger
– Shayla has NEVER been to the west coast before and so she has never experienced the amazingness which is In & Out Burger. I’m not going to lie, but I think we were most excited for this moment the entire trip. Can we just make a quick suggestion – BRING IN & OUT TO THE EAST COAST PLEASE!
Make sure to check out all of these hip places the next time you’re in the Dallas area
Xoxo – Katie & Shayla